We are looking for an outgoing person who loves working with people!
We are willing to train the right person!
Busy Optometric practice seeking Optician for our Plymouth office. Our practice is open Monday thru Saturday. Must be able to work some Saturdays.
The key primary responsibility of the Optician is to provide eyewear to the patients of our practice.
This includes all selling, fitting and dispensing of eyewear within the boutique.
Delivering an exceptional purchasing experience for the patient is paramount. Therefore, the
Optician is responsible for all frame merchandising and display. Developing and managing relationships with our frame and product vendors and appropriately displaying eyewear provides the environment for the eyewear boutique to thrive.
- Assist patients with frame selection with an eye towards multiple pair sales
- Measure and complete full ordering process for patients
- Merchandising and display of all frames in the eyewear boutique
- Meeting with and developing relationships with all frame and product vendors
- Place all eyewear orders and work with the lab for appropriate delivery
- Communicate to patients delivery expectations according to the practices dispensing policies
- Manage all pricing of frames and price points systems
- Manage all warranty replacements for patients and product returns to vendors
Sales Skills The Optician is expected to possess a high degree of influential sales skills. The ability to effectively communicate the benefits of all optical products.
Customer Orientation Providing our patients exceptional service is a cornerstone of our brand. The Optician’s role in delivering on our brand is integral.
Communication Skills The Optician must be able to effectively communicate with our patients around all our optical products including frames, lenses, etc. Communicating in a manner by which the patient understands technical terminology in their layman language is essential.
Technical Abilities The Optician must be able to accurately measure and record all patient information. Attention to detail relative to prescriptions, PDs, and checking the accuracy of eyewear received from the lab.
Pace of the Environment Must be able to work at a fast pace. Effectively handling multiple tasks and patients at one time, while focusing on the individual patient experience.
Frequent Interaction with Others Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, always maintaining friendly interactions with team members, patients and guests of the practice.
If you are friendly, outgoing, and want a new career send your resume!
We would love to meet you!